iskander.com are proud supporters of NSWTRB Training, a Racing NSW industry training initiative.
The objectives of NSWTRB Training are to assist people entering the industry to find their most suitable career path as well as to deliver the right training.
Objectives of the Racing NSW Training Department
- Assist people entering the industry to find their most suitable career path
- To increase apprentice jockey and trackwork rider numbers
- To deliver training to industry participants
- Manage the Racing NSW Apprentice School
- Manage the Racing NSW Rising Star Apprentice Race Series
- Encourage greater participation of people in the racing industry
- Provide ongoing industry credible mentoring to apprentice jockeys, trackwork riders, strappers and stablehand trainees
- Ensure participants are informed about the National Racing Industry * Training Packages, which have been implemented in each state in Australia
- Provide equitable training throughout the country, provincial and metropolitan regions.
- Formulate a strategic approach to promote the Racing NSW Apprentices School and industry career paths to school students
Services the Training Department offers
- Providing information for horse trainers and parents
- Providing information for prospective employees to the racing industry
- Visiting schools to advise students about the racing industry
- Conducting visits to the races for school career advisors
- Informing students and horse trainers about the Racing Industry Training Packages
- Assisting with placement of school students on work experience in racing stables
Visit NSWTRB Training site for more information.
Back to Partners