History of the Golden Rose
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE GROUP ONE $1 MILLION GOLDEN ROSE (1400M) AT ROSEHILL ON SATURDAY.
* For three-year-olds and formerly known as the Peter Pan Stakes (1500m)
* First run as the Golden Rose in 2003 when won by In Top Swing
* Upgraded to Listed status in 2005 when Paratroopers was successful
* Upgraded to Group Three in 2006 when won by Court Command
* Not run in 2007 due to equine influenza outbreak
* Upgraded to Group Two and held twice in 2008 when won by Forensics in the autumn and Duporth in the spring
* Upgraded to Group One in 2009
* Trainers with a runner on Saturday who have won the race before: Peter Snowden – Sidestep (Forensics 2008, Denman 2009, Epaulette); Anthony Cummings – Drago and Cluster (Duporth 2008)
* Jockeys with a ride on Saturday who have won the race before: Tommy Berry – War (Epaulette 2012); Glyn Schofield – Bull Point (Manawanui 2011); Kerrin McEvoy – Sidestep (Denman 2009); Hugh Bowman – Prince Harada (In Top Swing 2003, Doonan 2004 and Duporth 2008)
* Only two favourites have won the race – (Duporth $2.70, 2008; Denman $2.40, 2009)
* Forensics is the only filly to win.