WANTED is one of the most promising stallions in Australia.
In winning the time honoured Group 1 Newmarket at Flemington, Peter Moody, trainer of WANTED, was moved to say ‘On today’s performance there is probably no better sprinter in the land’.
A son of Fastnet Rock, the most promising young sire in Australasia (2010 fee $137,500) WANTED is a superb individual who displayed precocity and speed only seen by the most exalted individuals. His ability to be one of the best of his generation at both 2 and 3 sets him squarely apart from his compatriots.
Since his announcement at stud the horse has been inundated with bookings by the best and most astute breeders in Victoria and throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- WANTED is a truly breathtaking individual who fetched an astonishing $800,000 as a yearling at the William Inglis Easter Yearling Sale in Sydney to leading trainer and astute judge John Hawkes.
- WANTED was a highly precocious racehorse and won the Group 3 Kindergarten Stakes as a 2yo. The Kindergarten has been won in previous years by the likes of Group 1 winning Slight Chance, Bint Marscay, Guineas, Belle Du Jour, Easy Rocking, Snowland, Niello and Forensics.
- WANTED established himself as the premier sprinter in Australia in winning the time honoured Group 1 Newmarket at Flemington over 1200 metres. Wanted franked this with narrow 2nd placings in:
- Group 1 Lightning (1000 metres)
- Group 1 William Reid Stakes
- A close up 4th placings in:
- Group 1 Oakleigh Plate (1100 metres)
- Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes (1200 metres)
- Group 1 Manikato Stakes (1200 metres)
- WANTED’s consistency at the highest level was acknowledged by Timeform which rated the horse at 126 (equal top with international superstar Starspangledbanner) for 3yo’s.
- In winning the Newmarket, WANTED defeated a crack field of horses including WS Cox Plate winner El Segundo, and fellow Group 1 winners Starspangledbanner, Nicconi, Duporth, Turffontein, All Silent, Light Fantastic and Headway.
- First stallion son of Fastnet Rock to win a Group 1 and to be available at stud.
- One of the very few stallions that ticks all the commercial boxes in being a great type and wonderful racehorse with a lovely commercial pedigree.