Pure Theatre (AUS)
- Bay Horse 1998 16.1hh
- By Nureyev (USA) from A Good Lookin’ Broad (USA)
- Group 3 winner 2008
- Service Fee: On application
- Standing at Oakland’s Stud, QLD in 2009
Like his famous sire Nureyev, PURE THEATRE has a classical pedigree, outstanding looks and superb conformation. He performed at the highest level and raced against some of the best horses of our time during his career, and is now passing on this ability to his offspring
- Sold in New Zealand for $850,000 at Karaka in 2000, Pure Theatre is a particularly well-bred horse. His sire NUREYEV was a champion miler in France and has been one of the greatest stallions in the world in the last 20 years.
- PURE THEATRE performed at the highest level throughout his 19 career starts, stepping out at just his fifth start to win the Gr 3 Caulfield Guineas Prelude (1400m) in scintillating fashion.
- PURE THEATRE produced a marvellous performance in the Gr 1 Caulfield Guineas, running a fighting third behind LONHRO and USTINOV, with VIKING RULER fourth, in possibly one of the best Caulfield Guineas fields we have ever seen.
- PURE THEATRE is a handsome horse with excellent conformation. He possesses strength, exceptional character and presence. His pedigree, along with his good looks, has proven a potent combination that has distinguished his first foal crops.
PURE THEATRE. 20 Starts. 3-3-2 $275,781.
Won Caulfield Guineas Prelude [G3] (1400 m.), Sandown Drawn Super Vobis H. (1400 m.), Hastings Curraghmore Stud 3 Year Old (1200 m.). 2d Ellerslie Ellerslie Convention Centre H., Hastings Curraghmore Stud Premier 3 Year Old, Kingsclere Racing Stables Dash. 3d Caulfield Caulfield Guineas [G1] , Moonee Valley AAMI Vase [G2] . 4th Ellerslie Railway H. [G1] , Caulfield Australia Day Vase [G3] .
On the track Pure Theatre sizzled with a sensational victory in the G3 Caulfield Guineas Prelude (1400m), as well as an unlucky defeat behind the mighty Lonhro in the G1 Caulfield Guineas (1600m). Pure Theatre also displayed his immense speed and durability in placing 3rd in the G2 Moonee Valley Vase (2040m) and finishing a close up 4th in the G1 Railway Stks (1200m) in New Zealand, that country’s supreme test of speed.
PURE THEATRE’s strong countenance and athleticism is emphasised by his deep girth, strong hind quarter and stream lined conformation. A natural sprinting type, Pure Theatre is clearly passing these qualities on to his offspring with impressive results.
David Chester, Managing Director of Magic Millions, was impressed with what the stallion had to offer breeders; “Pure Theatre is a handsome son of Nureyev (USA) with excellent conformation. He possesses strength, exceptional character and presence. His pedigree, along with his good looks, ensures a bright future for Pure Theatre at Oaklands”.
- Download pedigree document
- By NUREYEV (USA) (B. 1977) Stakes-winner; won 2 races and $0 inc. Saint-Cloud Prix Thomas Bryon [G3], Maisons-Laffitte Prix Djebel [L]; sire of 135 SWs (30 G1) inc. Miesque, Theatrical, Spinning World, Soviet Star, Sonic Lady, Annoconnor, Peintre Celebre, Alwuhush, Skimming, Black Hawk, Reams of Verse, Zilzal, Senure, Fasliyev, Wolfhound, Stately Don, Special Ring, Stravinsky, Good Journey, Atticus, Polar Falcon, Flagbird, Mehthaaf, Heart Lake, etc.
Pure Theatre first stood at stud in 2004, with his first 2yr olds hitting the racetrack in 2008.
Despite the Equine Influenza outbreak, Pure Theatre had an immediate impact on Queensland racing’s return, having the perfect start to his career with his first ever runner taking home the honours in the Welcome Back to Racing QTIS 2YO Plate at Clifford Park.
We look forward to more of his offspring running in the coming year.
His offspring have inherited his trademark conformation, and Neville Stewart, studmaster of Oaklands Stud comments, “Pure Theatre’s foals are ideal sprinting types. They have excellent conformation, and are very powerful behind.”
Pure Theatre has produced two very impressive foal crops thus far, with 2006 and 2007 yearling sales results attesting to their quality. His offspring’s impressive appearance is often reflected in the excellent return for breeder’s investment, with up to 20 fold return on the service fee.
A Pure Theatre colt from Stakes winning mare SWISS COTTON fetched $210, 000 at the Magic Millions Premier Sale in 2007. At the Select Sale a Filly out of Royal Malt sold for $90,000 and a colt from Group winning mare KLOKKA sold for $120,000.
2008 saw TOP Sydney trainer Anthony Cummings set the sales ring alight at the Magic Millions auctions on the Gold coast when he bought a Pure Theatre colt for $170,000. The bay colt was another splendid type and son of the Listed South Australia Dequetteville Stakes place getter Sharp Hill, by Danehill.
No additional images or videos are available.