God's Own (AUS)
- Bay horse 2002 16.2hh
- By Redoute’s Choice (AUS) from Angel in Disguise (AUS)
- Group 1 winner of the Caulfield Guineas
- Service Fee: $POA
God’s Own is a son of champion sire Redoutes Choice and himself is the most famous winner of the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas.
God’s Own was an outstanding racehorse and franked his brilliant Guineas win with a close up second to champion sprinter Takeover Target in the Group 1 Lightning Stakes at Flemington over 1000 metres.
God’s Own is a strong physical presence with deep girth, strong shoulder and plenty of scope. He suits mares of all types adding scope, quality and speed.
At stud God’s Own has proven very popular with breeder covering large books from his home at Eilza Par Stud Victoria.
At the sales, God’s Own’s progeny has sold particularly well, he is a proven commercial option but at his fee also a nice option for breed to racers.
His runners to date include the stakes placed Utah Saints and Vatican, as well as city winners God Help Her, Lady Pania, Kim Divine, Father Ned, Magnolia Lane, Swift Judgment, Angellican and Big Storm.
God’s Own stands in 2011 at Eliza Park Stud Victoria for $13,750 (inc GST)
For bookings please contact Suman Hedge on 13000 RACES
GOD’S OWN. 10 Starts. 3-3-0 $999,500.
Won Caulfield Caulfield Guineas [G1] (1600 m.), Randwick 2 YO H. (1200 m.), Rosehill 3 YO and Up Class 3 H. (1200 m.). 2d Flemington Lightning S. [G1] , Caulfield Autumn S. [G3] , Caulfield Guineas Prelude [G3] . 4th Rosehill Golden Rose S. [L] .
GOD’S OWN commenced his career in style, winning his only start at 2 by an easy 2.5 lengths in Saturday class at Warwick Farm.
At only his second start as an August three year old, God’s Own defeated older gallopers over 1200m. On that occasion God’s Own was remarkably equal top-weight, giving weight, experience and performance away to older gallopers.
God’s Own was rated the highest 3yo Colt in Timeform Ratings for Australasia, ahead of Snitzel, Stratum, California Dane, Darci Brahma, Jet Spur, Primus, and Ferocity.
He was the only son of Redoute’s Choice to extend his brilliance to 1600m at Group 1 level i.e. sprinter/miler. His extraordinary win in the Million Dollar Group 1 Caulfield Guineas over top class 3yo’s Paratroopers and Primus was simply sensational, overcoming two instances of severe interference. This race also contained several other highly rated horses including Golden Slipper hero Stratum, and Australian Guineas winner Apache Cat.
The Caulfield Guineas has proven a ‘Sires’ race, with previous winners including Show a Heart, Redoute’s Choice, St. Covet, Grosvenor, Sovereign Red, and Luskin Star. The race was also won by highly promising sire and champion racehorse Lonhro.
Aside from his Caulfield Guineas triumph, God’s Own’s outstanding 2nd to Champion international sprinter Takeover Target in Group 1 Lightning Stakes at Flemington was also memorable. This race attracted a top class field including Group 1 winners Snitzel, Proprietor, Perlin, Stratum, Takeover Target and Cape of Good Hope, as well as Group 1 placed Rewaaya and Golden Slipper placegetter Media. Running the final 600m in a sizzling 32.86, seconds, God’s Own showed his outstanding turn of foot, a key ingredient to successful stallions in Australia.
God’s Own is a breathtaking individual who fetched a sale topping $220,000 at the 2004 William Inglis Classic Sale. God’s Own is an outstanding type with good deep girth, strong shoulder and powerful hindquarter. Good bone, a strong forearm and great angles makes this son of Redoute’s a tremendous athletic specimen.
God’s Own is best described as “his father’s son” and is very much the image of his sire Redoute’s Choice. The horse is blessed with a “stallion’s head” and has an intelligent eye, broad forehead and masculine jowl.
- Download pedigree document
- By REDOUTE’S CHOICE (AUS) (B. 1996 – Stud 2000) Stakes-winner; won 5 races and $1,567,850 inc. MVRC Manikato S. [G1], MRC C.F. Orr S. [G1]; sire of 41 SWs (13 G1) inc. Miss Finland, Lotteria, Fashions Afield, Anamato, Snitzel, Cheeky Choice, Stratum, Redoute’s Dancer, Empires Choice, Nadeem, Undoubtedly, God’s Own, Samantha Miss, Bishops Rock, Mutawaajid, Doubting, El Daana, Duelled, Amelia’s Dream, Tahni Girl, Fast ‘n’ Famous, Mearas, Al Samer, Viennese, etc.
Additional Pedigree Notes
- God’s Own’s damsire Sky Chase was an outstanding racehorse (8 wins $966,440 including Group 1 Champagne Stakes, Group 1 Rosehill Guineas, Group 1 Caulfield Stakes). At stud, Sky Chase is the sire of 8 individual stakes winners including multiple Group 1 winner Saintly.
- God’s Own’s 2nd dam Ziegfield Lass is also the dam of All Grace, who in turn is the dam of Saintly (10 wins 1200-3200m $3,852,765 including Group 1 WS Cox Plate, Group 1 Melbourne Cup, Group 1 Australian Cup, Group 1 CF Orr Stakes and Horse of The Year). All Grace is also the dam of highly promising QLD sire Aucash (7 wins 1,481,636) whose yearlings have been well received in 2006.
- God’s Own has a female line free of Northern Dancer, suiting many mares.
- God’s Own’s female line contains outstanding Group 1 class gallopers Storm Queen, Taj Rossi, Dark Eclipse, Anna Rose, New Gleam, Western Pago, Dodge, Tenor and Tributes.
- A winner at his only start at two, God’s Own has noted speed influences in his pedigree including Golden Slipper winners Storm Queen and Dark Eclipse as well as outstanding juveniles and Stakes performers Brilliance, Seaside Lady, Peignoir, Dark Paradise, Lemongrass and Preserve.
Byron Rogers, currently National Sales Manager for William Inglis and Son, offered the following advice about God’s Own:
God’s Own’s sire Redoute’s Choice appears to be following the same pattern as his sireline, enjoying enormous success with the Danzig/Turn-To cross. Therefore, mares from the sirelines of Sir Tristram, Roberto and Halo have very strong appeal for God’s Own. In particular one would like to see Zabeel mares visit God’s Own as his broodmare sire, Sky Chase, has a lot of elements that suit Zabeel.
Redoute’s Choice also has success with mares that breed back to his broodmare sire, Golden Slipper winner Canny Lad, and I would expect God’s Own to have similar success with mares that breed back to Canny Lad. This stallion has strong concentrations of descendants of Lady Josephine (in particular Fair Trial) so it comes as no surprise that stallions like Kenmare, Snippets and Rory’s Jester, who are all laden with stallions from this family, feature in the pedigrees of his stakes winners to date. Rory’s Jester has additional appeal as he has proved a successful “nick” with Danzig line stallions and is bred on a very similar Star Kingdom/Relic cross to Bletchingly (sire of Canny Lad).
Another stallion to consider is Zeditave as he contains Lady Josephine descendents Fair Trial, Royal Charger and two strains of Mahmoud and already appears as the broodmare sire of two of Redoute’s Choice’s stakes performers. Zeditave mares would inbreed to the fast 2yo and good sire Showdown. Better still would be mares by Zeditave’s son Strategic. He is out of a Luskin Star mare, another stallion that has fared well with Danehill. Luskin Star carries Alycidon, a full brother to Acropolis who appears in the pedigree of God’s Own.
Already proven with the Golden Slipper winner Miss Finland, the prolific Danzig/Mr Prospector cross should be looked at for a source of juvenile speed and can be sourced via mares by the likes of Bellotto, Geiger Counter, El Moxie, Woodman, Straight Strike, End Sweep and Unbridled’s Song.
Finally, the duplication of Best in Show, which can be achieved via El Gran Senor, Al Hareb, Rodrigo de Triano, Try My Best, Last Tycoon, Gielgud, Spinning World and Masterclass, has already proved successful with Redoute’s Choice and is worth considering.
God’s Own’s first crop has been received with rave reviews in 2007/08. Featuring strength, bone and class, it is clear that this Redoute’s Choice stallion stamps his offspring with quality and type. Shane McGrath of Eliza Park notes:
The quality of mare Eliza Park bred to God’s Own in his first two years at stud are indicative of the high esteem in which we hold him. Now having seen his first crop foals and the remarkable book of mares who visited him in his second year, I believe Eliza Park and Yallambee Stud have definitely pulled the right rein in acquiring the Gr1 winning son of Redoute’s Choice. The foals have size, strength and quality. They’ve also got great attitude and appear to have inherited their sire’s tremendous walk and presence.
God’s Own received over 340 quality mares in his first two seasons at stud, and his first yearling crop was met with great enthusiasm at 2009’s top yearling sales.
No additional images or videos are available.